Javari's Reference Immutability

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Sat Jul 29 10:27:51 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> Andrei Khropov wrote:
>> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>>

>>> I think the question is: what's the point?
>>> Clearly, Java's lack of const didn't prevent it from the having some
>>> of the
>>> best libraries there are.
>>

>> This doesn't mean Java is superb as a language. It means that Sun just
>> invested
>> tons of money in writing Java libraries with lots of features.
>>

> It's not just Sun!
>
> http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp
> Compare the C++ version with the Java version.

What about the C++ version? I don't know that lib, but on a quick look
to it, I see that const is used extensively! :

http://icu.sourceforge.net/apiref/icu4c/classRegexPattern.html
http://icu.sourceforge.net/apiref/icu4c/classNormalizer.html
.. etc.

--