Properties no longer work?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 09:53:46 PDT 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Don Clugston wrote:
<snip>
>> Function types are just bizarre. I only recently discovered that C has
>> them. Are you allowed to do anything with them, other than converting
>> them to a function pointer by taking their address?
>
> C has them? Where did you see that, I was under the impression that C
> only had function pointers, and they were all the same, such that the
> value a function was the same as the value of taking the address of the
> function:
> (func) == (&func)
> Similarly to what happens to arrays.

I discovered quite recently that C supports such oddities as

     typedef int qwert(char*);

(if I've got the syntax right), thereby defining qwert to be an alias
for a function of type int(char*).  I've seen it in the LAM MPI headers.
  But as you say, it seems useless - AFAIK the only thing you can do
with it is declare something of type pointer to qwert.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.