Two new tutorials at DMedia ! - 'Arc' 2D Game Arcade Library

HienTau hientau.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:17:00 PDT 2006

Tom S schrieb:
> Clay Smith has written two new tutorials for DMedia !
> ( http://dmedia.dprogramming.com/ )
>
> - Introduction to Arc
> - Making an Asteroids game with Arc
>
> Arc is a useful 2D Game Arcade Library written entirely in D. Read the
> tutorials for more details !
>

> // Crossposting to D.announce and D.learn. Please post your replies to
> D.learn

Hi,

Exactly what I was looking for! I ran through the first part of the Arc
tutorials with almost no problems, except:

s.addFrame("image.png", "animation", 100);
s.addFrame("image2.png", "animation", 1000);
s.addFrame("image3.png", "animation2", 1000);

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a method without a SoundFX object
(in these cases it would always mean an additional "null" as last
argument(?)).
And the second problem I came across was that the Sprite introduction is
a bit spare. While the tutorial tells me how to set up sprites, it
doesn't tell how to play them back. It took me some time to find the
details, despite the second tutorial and the docs.

But nevertheless great work and very newbie-friendly!

Regards,
HienTau