static if on types like double, float

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 23:38:47 PDT 2006

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e6p2l6$r1h$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>
>> You might be able to use ``static assert(false, "...");`` to show a
>> message, maybe not.  I know you can pass the message to the non-static
>> version, but I can't remember if the static one supports that.
>
> Indeed you can!

Oh good.  When Walter does one of these unexpected feature adds, it's
hard to remember what he's actually implemented, and what people have
been saying should be implemented.

Kinda like the old "was I dreaming that, or did it really happen?"
problem :)

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.