Library writing - delegates or fp's?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Tue Jun 20 23:21:55 PDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:12:54 -0400, Chad J wrote:

> Pretty nice, but then I can't do something like this:

>      writefln( increment(1) );
>      writefln( incr(2) );

> I'm thinking incase someone wanted to say, have a mouse handling
> function be triggered by the GUI's delegate and also have it
> artificially triggered by some other code via a direct function call
> (maybe a tutorial, debug routine, or something like that).

Sure you can! How about this ...

 import std.stdio;

 int delegate(int) increment;

 void main()
 {
    writefln( increment(1) );
    writefln( incr(2) );
 }

 int incr( int a )
 {
     return a + 1;
 }

 static this()
 {
     increment = delegate int ( int a ) {return incr(a); };
 }

Would that do?

> I suppose they should just call the delegate though.  I like it.  Thanks.

Yeah, I guess you could do that as well.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)