Walter - clarification required re attributes

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Tue Jun 27 00:15:12 PDT 2006

Walter,
I am becoming increasingly anxious about the stability and dependability of
DMD and D, with respect to the protection attributes and storage-class
attributes. It appears that either the documentation, DMD or both are
wrong. There has been a flurry of recent discussion about these attributes,
and there is a history of such discussions too, but there is no resolution
yet. You are the only one that can resolve the issues that have been
presented but you are silent on this, and that is causing my anxiety.

I felt that I didn't understand what you really wanted for D so I attempted
your documentation yet again. I ended up rewriting and reorganizing the
documentation to help me see your specification for D attributes, plus I
worked though many sample programs to test out DMD against the
specification. It would appear that DMD and its documentation are in
serious conflict with each other.

I submit my revised documentation here as a possible starting point for a
clearer picture and resolution of the issues.

You can view my docs online

  http://www.users.bigpond.com/ddparnell/attr.html

and the files that they were generated from

  http://www.users.bigpond.com/ddparnell/attr.d
  http://www.users.bigpond.com/ddparnell/style.css

These files are now in the public domain.

I am expecting that you will read and correct this documentation, and pass
back your findings to either me or the newsgroup.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)