std.file new functions/classes

Regan Heath regan at netwin.co.nz
Sat Mar 11 21:37:07 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:11:47 +0000 (UTC), jicman
<jicman_member at pathlink.com> wrote:
> Gosh!  And I was so excited about std.file. ;-)  Well, it's a good thing
> that we have std.recls.

There was a thread recently comparing them, you should read it to get
Walter and Matthews opinions on the topic.

> I hope Walter would, someday, also support the same functions that are
> in DirEntry for a file.

It should be fairly simple to write a function to produce a DirEntry, you
could give it a go yourself. Heck, I might give it a go if I have time. I
get the impression Walter is concentrating on the compiler as opposed to
Phobos at the moment which might explain why std.file is a very basic
implementation at present.

> Thanks Regan.

You're welcome.

Regan