Creating A D DLL For Use By VB

starkweatherr at mchsi.com starkweatherr at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 20 02:54:42 PST 2006

It doesn't appear that the zip file is accessible. A working sample is just what
I need. Can you post the code un-zipped?

The reason why I a using implib is that is the way the demo app does it. The
code I am using came with the DMD package, and works as long as I run it from
test.exe. If there is a better way, that is exactly what I am looking for.

The reason why I am not using EXPORTS in the .def files is the error messages
that produces. There is something wrong there also, and I have no idea what that
problem is either.

I'm not worried about the VB side. Maybe I should explain the project.

I've been writing bare frameworks for using DLLs generated by various C/C++
compilers from VB for upload to PSC. So far I have finished VC++ 6 and BCB 5.5.
Someone who saw the code suggested that I write one for DMC, which I had never
heard of before. That effort is still awaiting a response to questions in the
Command Line forum on the DMC side. Similar problems, different language.

I noticed 'D' while I was trying to get DMC to work and decided to give that a
try. It has been really frustrating to try to put together what is in the
documentation with the demo app that comes with DMD, especially since that has a
typo in it.

I would appreciate any help that I can get, but this is a one time thing for me.
Once I get a working framework, I'll never look back.

Thanks for your help.