De-Referencing A Pointer

Rory Starkweather starkweatherr at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 21 15:13:58 PST 2006

> I think we've discovered in another reply thread that the source of the
> error is the use of char* instead of wchar* and the missing StrPtr()
> call on the VB side.  Learn something new every day!

  StrPtr() call? You're just saying that its unfortunate that VB doesn't
have any civilized programming constructs aren't you? I have to admit
that I have learned about three VB functions I had never heard of during
the last few weeks. VB Help is of limited usefulness in finding things
like that, unless I am also doing that incorrectly.

  I did make the change to wchar*. I'll try that too.

> Well, the error here (I would assume) is your use of %s instead of %.*s,
> yes arcane printf knowledge to the rescue again.

  I have made the change. I'll try it in a few minutes.

>> writefln("The string: %s", theString);
>> writefln("The character: %s", theChar);
>>

> Wondering why this didn't work...

  I probably fat-fingered something.