dmedia.dprogramming.com - two new tutorials

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Wed May 10 14:00:16 PDT 2006

DBloke wrote:
> Looking good so far ;)

Thanks. But as I said, these tutorials need more love anyway ;)

>> That's pretty inevitable when doing 3d graphics ;)
>>
> Sadly this seems to be the case, I hate Geometry but like 3D how much
> does that suck? ;)

Depends on what kind of geometry you hate... I didn't enjoy the geometry
I had at school very much, but the stuff you use for 3d graphics can get
really interesting. And there's a big difference between learning for
yourself and learning for the classes. It shouldn't be very hard to get
comfortable with the basics required for some cool 3d apps :)

>> Hmmm... If you have any cool ideas, visit #dmedia on the
>> irc.freenode.net server. I'm just going to sleep (my timezone is
>> GMT+1) but I'll be there tomorrow ;) Maybe making a Pong or something
>> like it would work...
> Pong could be could, in 3D would be quite interesting no?

That might be a good idea, yet I think that introducing more basics
before taking on a game will be a wise move ;)

>> as for a simple (but not simple enough for a tutorial) game:
>> <shamelessPlug> http://www.mat.uni.torun.pl/~h3r3tic/STFU.zip
>> </shamelessPlug>
>
> I played this it was simple but effective and could be a great way to do
> a quiz type thing at the end of a tutorial, the game made me laugh and
> the comments and assertions in the code made me laugh more, like the
> sense of humour :) it definitely helps when coding for sure.

Like if there were many comments ! :P I didn't have the time to comment
for this project :> and considering that it would need it for just a
moment, it wasn't really worth it :) I've got the experience from
writing it and it's enough hehe :) But as for the humor in naming
conventions - I couldn't stand writing dull code ;D

--

Tomasz Stachowiak  /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/