max() in phobos, and English logic operators

%u davidlqualls at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 15:42:57 PST 2006

== Quote from mike (vertex at gmx.at)'s article
http://www.opera.com/=
> mail/

I was actually thinking about doing just that.  Still though, the
real competitor here is either Basic, Fortran, or C with
sufficient macros that I can take my code to a board room and
explain it to intelligent people who are not programmers.  Yes, I
can write in pseudo code for them, but then there's always the
question of whether I did the translation from pseudo into D
correctly.  Once I digress to using a custom script or program to
preprocess the text before submitting it to the compiler, I'm
building a tool chain that: a)won't work with a standard compiler
distribution (you also have to have my preprocessing tool along
with it), b)is subject to being rejected due to complexity.

An alternate approach I might take is to simply write psuedo code
for every single line of code:

      //if BOTH y and z are true.
        if( y && z ) // then
        {

which I think to most of us seems like a waste of keystrokes, and
a bit cluttered.

David