bud problems

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Wed Nov 8 18:30:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:32:30 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:

> I seem to have to delete all my object files before running bud if I
> want to not get link errors and not have spurious crashes in the exe.
> This project has 11 files or so in two directories.  Linker errors seem
> to mostly be from template stuff.
>
> Am I using bud incorrectly?
>
> Here's my brf file:
>
> -------------
> # Damn, envvars like %DMDDIR% don't work
> -g
> -debug
> -I..\..\baxissimo
> -I..\..\ext
> example1
> ---------------
>
> and I run with
>  >> bud @example1

This looks fine. There seems to be an issue where somehow the object files
get out of sync with source files but I haven't found out anything causing
it yet. It maybe related to templates but I'm not sure.

In the meantime, use either "-full" to force a compilation of all source
files, and/or use "-clean" to have Bud delete work files (.obj etc ...)
after successful compilation.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)