bud problems

mike vertex at gmx.at
Thu Nov 9 11:27:56 PST 2006

I'm getting that too ... around 20 files now, one directory. Randomly
occuring access violations which disappear after inserting a
debug-writefln and saving again (thus updating the timestamp), linker
errors with templates which disappear after saving a certain file again,
etc.

Anyway, it's no big deal, since I've figured it out I do a make clean
(yeah, ... I've got a batch file called "make" to call build :) ) every
once in a while. Compared to C++ and "oh, sigh, I need to change a header
file - so make clean it is, I'll get a smoke while the compiler takes its
4 minutes and chokes on a typo after 3 minutes" that's not even annoying.
4 minutes compiling compared to an access violation, 10 seconds of "WTF?"
and 3 seconds of building the complete project is great. Nothing to
complain about.

In my last job I had to wait 30-45 minutes when changing a header file ...
that was even nicer.

-Mike