Why do we still need/use .di 'header' files?

Lionello Lunesu lionello at lunesu.remove.com
Fri Nov 17 23:31:30 PST 2006

"Don Clugston" <dac at nospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:ejkbnm$1qb1$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Protection attributes and many other things are not in the decorated
> names.
> What about templates, and conditional compilation?

If you depend heavily on templates/conditional compilation, you'd be forced
to release the source, and that makes sense. But what if I have a old-school
lib with no need for templates?

OT: I'm really afraid that D's dropping old-school, and going all fancy with
meta-programming'n'shit. Frankly, I don't want to write meta-code that will
then generate code for the compiler to compile... Templates are nice, but
everything should also be possible without them...

L.