GDC on Mac - math linker errors for do-nothing program

Chris Pelling chris at inventivedingo.com
Mon Nov 20 22:18:43 PST 2006

Hi there,

I've been using D for a while now, but only on Windows, and I'm
currently trying to get my project to compile on Mac OS X. I'm pretty
new to Macs, in general.

The machine is a classic iMac, one of the original ones from 1998; I
think it's a Revision B. (My workplace was going to throw it out so I
got it for free.) I installed a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" on
it (Tiger dropped support for the classic iMacs), downloaded and
installed Xcode Tools 1.5 as instructed, and then downloaded and
installed gdc from http://gdcmac.sf.net.

To test it I created a simple D file, like this:

void main() {
}

I tried to compile it (using either gdc test.d or gdmd test.d) and got this:

$ gdc test.d
ld: Undefined symbols:
_acosl
_asinl
_atan2l
_atanl
_cbrtl
_ceill
_copysignl
_coshl
_erfcl
_erfl
_exp2l
_expl
_expm1l
_fabsl
_floorl
_frexpl
_ilogbl
_ldexpl
_lgammal
_log10l
_log1pl
_log2l
_logbl
_logl
_modfl
_nanl
_nearbyintl
_powl
_remainderl
_roundl
_sinhl
_sqrtf
_sqrtl
_tanhl
_tgammal
_truncl

I have no idea what's causing this. I've tried reinstalling Xcode and
the BSD Subsystem, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--Chris Pelling