What is wrong with this boilerplate mixin? (0/1)

Max Samuha maxter at i.com.ua
Mon Oct 23 07:45:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:54:30 -0500, Carlos Santander
<csantander619 at gmail.com> wrote:

>AF escribio:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  To make Win programming simpler, I divided sample application
>> (winsample.d) in a standard module (modwin.d) containing the
>> boilerplate code, and a application (appwin.d) file.
>>  Both files resides in the same directory.
>>  However, it does not link:
>>
>>  D:\temp\dlang5>dmd appwin.d
>> c:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe appwin,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
>> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
>> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved
>>
>> c:\dm\bin\..\lib\SNN.lib(winstart)
>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _WinMain at 16
>>
>>  So, what to do? And, 2nd, could things be made simpler? Attached
>> are modwin.d and appwin.d.
>
>D:\temp\dlang5>dmd appwin.d modwin.d

Oops. I didn't notice that the second file was not included.

Anyway, even if you include the file, the definition of WinMain will
not be found because of mangling. I attached the code that uses a
function pointer (i called it delegate mistakingly).