imports other than at the top

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Oct 24 22:48:47 PDT 2006

I tried sticking an import in a unittest {} block and it caused an error.

I put it there, naturally, because I only needed that particular module
for the unittests and the whole rest of the file didn't really need to
see those symbols.  If you're not doing unittests there's no reason for
the import overhead, and no reason to burden the user with making sure
that particular testing module is present.

Scoped importing like that just not supported at this time?

--bb