SDL and a 'proper' forum

MatthiasM dm at matthiasm.com
Sat Sep 2 09:55:48 PDT 2006

Daniel White wrote:

> Finally, it would be nice for this site to operate a 'normal' forum
> like phpBB. You can split the forum into topics, and there can be
> threads and such. How about it?

PLEASE NO forum. I am reading about 20 newsgroups every day. There is
nothing more annoying than having to visit 20 different web sites, all
running a different forum software, all with different design and
different search options. With a news server, I have the choice of
dozens of newsreaders that I configure any way *I* like, not the way
some admin forces onto me.

If this was a forum, I'd be long gone.

  Matthias