writefln and ASCII

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Wed Sep 13 10:27:22 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:55:42 -0400, nobody <nobody at mailinator.com>
wrote:

>When I wrote this message I see English, Chinese, Greek, Japanese and Russian
>characters displayed.

Obviously, yes. I just think Unicode could have been simpler. And
perhaps it doesn't really need codepoints for characters in languages
and dialects that haven't been in use for a couple of thousand years.

>You will
>need to identify codepage boundaries and then you can probably use frequency
>tables to identify the codepage used within each boundry.

Metadata. When your document cannot be represented as a simple text
file, use something else.

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.