Why are opCall's not implicitely assignable?

Karen Lanrap karen at digitaldaemon.com
Tue Sep 26 23:46:47 PDT 2006

Ivan Senji wrote:

> IMO (and knowing this NG) this is about a point in time where
> you will stop getting responses to your posts. It usually has
> something to do with a person refusing to understand a principal
> as basic as this one.

I already noticed that this NG is filled with posters refusing to
understand simple principles---but willing to press others into
principles they believe to be simple.

This whole thread showed, that near to none is able to capture that
a property might have a complex structure. So complex that it might
be best expressed by the most complex structure of D: a class.

I asked a question about the principles of the language D---and got
some answers led by personal opinions about coding style. How comes
that no answerer was able to convince Walter that his particular
style is suitable for an entry in the "Style Guide"?

> It is all up to you:

No, it is not. D prohibits me to code the way I think. And the
posters in this thread want not only themselves beeing forced to
read the name of the same property over and over again, they also
force others to code superfluous words---and at the same time they
admire that they can replace a pair of parentheses by an equal
sign.

That's mental inconsistency at its best.

Nobody even cared about the fact, that D is also intended for large
scale projects which might include british and american style
pronounciations, forcing every maintainer to exactly know whether
to write color or colour.

> What point?

Ever heard of the module scope operator---or the D-style to
separate an operator by one space from its operands?