Why D doesn't have constant function arguments?

Artyom Shalkhakov artyom.shalkhakov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:00:40 PDT 2007

Hello everyone.

Could anyone answer my question?

And there's another one: why there are no 'constant references' when passing arguments in D (like those in C++: const Type &), I suppose they would be quite useful for various applications (like, parameter passing for some maths functions).

I think that 'inout' could be used in place of C++'s const references, but how does it work? Is this a masked pointer or something?

Or maybe this is done the other way? The D Way?
Thanks in advance.