noob string concatenation help.

Sat Apr 14 04:49:41 PDT 2007

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Frits van Bommel" <fvbommel at REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> wrote in message
> news:evoor3$1n4g$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> The particular incompatibility causing your problem was IIRC introduced
>> when the improved GC got implemented just after v1.00 and memory
>> allocation started needing the TypeInfo for the allocated memory.
>
> It might have been the array resize and append improvements in 1.010 as
> well.

No, I'm actually pretty sure the variants ending in 'T' were introduced
at the time of the new GC. The postfix 'T' seems to indicate it needs
TypeInfo. Because those functions are extern(C) they aren't mangled, so
if the argument lists need to change they are renamed to reflect that.
(The most likely reason they're extern(C) is probably _because_ it
disables mangling, removing the need to hard-code their module names
into the compiler)

P.S. Also, _d_arrayappendT happens to be in phobos/internal/gc/gc.d in
an unzipped v1.009 tree I happened to have handy :).