Socket Listener and SocketStream

jb jon at nxbit.net
Tue Apr 17 09:12:02 PDT 2007

Patrick wrote:

> How do I use socketstreams? Any examples out there? (small ones!)
> I've checked listener.d which seems to give some clue to sockets overall,
> but not enough for me to feel comfortable around them. :(

I've been looking for some examples as well to no avail.

On a related matter, I've been playing around with listener.d for a while
with telnet.  For some reason, be it a bug, feature, or just how it's
supposed to work, I cannot reconnect to it.

Here's what steps I'm taking
-I telnet to listener
-Listener reports connection
-I type whatever, and listener outputs with a byte count
-I disconnect (escape key and quit telnet)
-Listener reports the disconnect.

At this point, if I were to attempt to connect to listener again,  the
connection is not reported, nor does it display the characters being sent.

I've pin-pointed where the problem is, it doesn't get past:

foreach(Socket each; reads)
{
        sset.add(each);
}

the second time through.  If anyone knows why this occured or, even better,
how to correct this so I can actually reconnect, please post.

Thanks,
-jb