Templates with the same name as methods not legal?

Simen Haugen simen at norstat.no
Thu Apr 19 03:36:12 PDT 2007

If I try to call a template when a method with the same name exists I get a
compiler error:

template isInteger(T)
{
 static if (is(T == int))
  const bool isInteger = true;
 else
  const bool isInteger = false;
}

class Test
{
 bool isInteger()
 {
  return isInteger!(int); // Yields an compiler error

Gives me the error:
test.d(15): template instance isInteger is not a template declaration, it is
a function

To me it seems this should be legal as my method doesn't take any template
parameters and the compiler should understand that the template should be
called.. There must be something I don't understand here...