Writting SO kernel in D

Thu Apr 19 07:32:40 PDT 2007

Javi wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know the main issues about writting OS kernels in D.
>
> My (hobby) kernel is composed by 2 files: startup.S and kernel.d, neither startup.S nor kernel.d make system calls, of cource.
>
> But kernel.o references the symbol __gdc_persolnality_v0
> Where is It? It seems a kind  of runtime for garbage collector, etc. How can I turn it off?

Actually, that looks like exception support. Try compiling with
"-fno-exceptions" to turn it off.
Though if you ever want to use exceptions in your kernel you'll have to
eventually copy the code from the runtime or reimplement it yourself. (I
have no idea what it requires, for all I know the default implementation
could work just fine in a kernel)