Which Linux distro?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+Digitalmars at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:48:03 PDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:42:42 -0500, Dave wrote:

> I've been using RH or Fedora for years, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about some of
> the other distros. Have been hearing a lot about Ubuntu lately. Any trustworthy rating sites or
> articles out there?
>
> And time for a new machine w/ Vista (because I need to keep current in that world). I'm sick of
> dual-booting, so am also wondering which VM / linux distro. will work well w/ Vista. Free (as in
> beer) would be nice, but, being a programmer, I'd rather spend my time on that rather than on
> setting up VM's and linux <g>
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Dave

I haven't tried to vm vista, but the vmware server works fine for xp. I
personally use Debian testing, the only thing I have seen Ubuntu offer is a
bunch of pre-installed graphical front end programs. Suse was the only one
I could get Compiz working with my ati card. Other than that it really is
up to you.