Problems with new DMD

Charma Motoko_Kusanagi at web.de
Wed Aug 15 23:48:33 PDT 2007

Hello,
I am into D for many weeks now. I started with dmd 1.010 and never
thought about updating into the newest version. So now i have the
problem that my programs don't want to compile. The most basic commands
cause problems... e.g. I can't compile:

char[] testText = "Hello world!";

It always cauzes me the error:
Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("Hello world!") of type
invariant char[12u] to char[]

if I type char[12], it does work but it's no longer changeable, so i get
errors in other points when i try to change the text in testText...

Anyone an idea what the hell this is about?!?
Thanks & sorry for my engrish :)

Charma