Writting SO kernel in D

speal charliemc86 at gREmOVEailCAPS.com
Fri Aug 17 07:32:43 PDT 2007

That's helpful.  I was dealing with that same issue in my kernel project.  I've
got some other undefined symbols I'd like to take care of so I can go to OO code,
but there seems to be a lack of documentation for D's inner workings.  Maybe I'm
just missing it?

What specifically is involved in declaring, instantiating, and calling member
functions for classes, as far as the runtime is concerned?  None of this is in
dynamic memory yet, of course.

How about static constructors?  How are the calls to static constructors stored in
the binary?  Is it the same as for C++ (array of static constructor pointers), are
they put in the .bss section, or is it something else entirely?