problem with shared library and dlopen() function

Sat Aug 25 01:54:17 PDT 2007

Witold Baryluk wrote:
> Dnia Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:08:54 +1000
> Daniel Keep <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> napisał/a:
>

>> Last time I checked, DMD couldn't generate position-independent code
>> on linux, which means it can't compile shared libraries.
>
> True. I was hardly trying but DMD can't do this.
>
>> You might have more luck with the GDC compiler, but since I don't use
>> linux, that's just a guess.
>
> GDC is also for Win32.

I think his point is that the issue is on Linux. There's a difference
between Linux .so libraries and Windows DLLs: the latter don't require
position-independent code (IIRC they contain relocation info) and
DMD/Windows can in fact create them.