private interface does not link

Myron Alexander someone at somewhere.com
Thu Aug 30 08:10:27 PDT 2007

Hello.

I have an interface that I made private as the interface is module
specific. For this example, I created the smallest test code that
exhibits the problem.

I can compile the source but when it links, I get:

> F:\opt\digitalmars\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe main,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved
>
> main.obj(main)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4main15ConnectionState10checkStateMFZb
> --- errorlevel 1

If I remove the private attribute from the interface, it works.

I am using DMD 1.020. Is this a DMD bug?

Thanks,

Myron.