about dsss and "blablablah_initZ previous definition different"

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Aug 31 00:45:04 PDT 2007

I started getting this when I import a given module from two different
modules.  I have found that I *don't* get the error if I use dsss, but I
*do* get it if I use rebuild directly.

Gregor if you're reading this, is this the error that you were talking
about caused you to switch to 1-file-at-a-time compilation in dsss?  Is
that why dsss is working but rebuild is not?   Is there some way to make
rebuild to the one-at-a-time thing so that I can use rebuild directly?

For reference here's the full error I'm getting from importing the
TriMesh_ArrayKernelT file in two different modules:

objs\OpenMesh-Core-Mesh-TriMesh_ArrayKernelT.obj(OpenMesh-Core-Mesh-TriMesh_ArrayKernelT)
  Offset 009EFH Record Type 0091
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D8OpenMesh4Core4Mesh15FinalMeshItemsT67__T15FinalMeshItemsTTS8OpenMesh4Core4Mesh6Traits13DefaultTraitsVb1Z15FinalMeshItemsT4Refs6__initZ
objs\OpenMesh-Core-Mesh-TriMesh_ArrayKernelT.obj(OpenMesh-Core-Mesh-TriMesh_ArrayKernelT)
  Offset 2AD86H Record Type 0091
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D8OpenMesh4Core4Mesh15FinalMeshItemsT67__T15FinalMeshItemsTTS8OpenMesh4Core4Mesh6Traits13DefaultTraitsVb1Z15FinalMeshItemsT7ITraits6__initZ

--bb