std.intrinsic and structs

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Dec 3 12:02:44 PST 2007

Jaheera wrote:
> I had some questions about the std.intrinsic functions:
>
> Is it possible to do bt, bts and btr operations on ulongs as is already
> possible on uints?

No.  Though I suppose there's an outside chance we will get this feature
once DMD can compile 64-bit code.

> Why do the intrinsic operations not return bool, instead of 0 and -1?

Walter has historically had an aversion to bool return values (opEquals,
for example) because he felt that they were inefficient.  I believe
someone once demonstrated that this isn't actually true, but I'll be
darned if I can find the thread.

Sean