linking to C libraries

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:27:07 PST 2007

aeschere wrote:
> I am trying to use D in more of my everyday programming (utility
> programming at the moment).  However, quite often I need to link to
> various C libraries (for example pcap).  Does D support linking to C
> libraries?  If it does, are there special concerns that I need to be
> aware of?
>
> Thank you in advance for your time,
>
> Michael
Yes, that's one of the main features of D :-)!

Check out the docs for it: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/interfaceToC.html

I'd recommend taking the C header files and running them through a
program that will automatically translate them to D modules:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/htod.html

That page explains some of the syntactic differences and how to get it
all going smoothly.