D 2.x conversion problems

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:45:53 PST 2007

I've been away from the scene for a while, and just picked up some old code I had rotting in the folder.

Anyways, I tried compiling it with D 2.08 and was expecting to work through the bug reports and bring it up to speed. Unfortunately, I have no freakin' clue what to do given the compiler error I'm reading; even after reading the changelog.

I would assume that somewhere in my code there is some variable named "b" that should or shouldn't be const.

Anyone able to give me a better idea of what this means?

~~~

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Code\walnut>make
rcc -r -32 source\icon.rc -otemporary\icon.res

cd source
dmd -O -release -c -od..\temporary value.d main.d methods.d structure.d text.d test.d
Error: 'b' is not a member of 'const(Value)'

--- errorlevel 1

C:\Code\walnut>