dmd and rake

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:59:15 PST 2007

hello,

I've tried to use the ruby build tool Rake and no matter what i get the
following error:
undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

I've used a "hello world" simple test and made sure the rakefile is
correct. after googling a bit it seems that rake checks the $? global
variable that should contain the exit status of the compiler.
I've also checked using gcc (mingw) and it works as expected while
specifying even just "dmd --help" fails.
is it possible that dmd doesn't return an exit status or something like
that, or is it a different problem? any ideas on how to fix this?
btw, i use latest dmd (1.024) with tango on windows.

--Yigal

PS:
I've just upgraded to dmd 1.024 yesterday and also installed latest
tango using the instructions on the wiki.
since then rebuild/dsss complain about:
Error: unrecognized switch '-debuglib=tango-base-dmd'
shouldn't I use that?