Array Lower Bounds

Mike Marquard mike_marquard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:03:22 PST 2007

> What things are better with arbitrary-lower-bound arrays?  I honestly can't
> think of a time where I was like "damn!  I wish I could start this array at
> 17!" or something.

Well one reason is because some people prefer starting arrays at 1 (like myself). As for numbers other than 0 or 1, there are situations where that makes sense. Right now I am experimenting with an artificial intelligence concept of my own in another base zero only language and sometimes I'm doing things like copying and processing a portion of an image. There have been alot of situations were it would have been nice if I could simply have those arrays have starting and ending bounds that conform to the portion of the image they represent.

Obviously this isn't a necesity but it would be a helpfull feature for something like that if I decide to rewrite it in d some day.