Please take a look

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Dec 20 15:51:21 PST 2007

I have implemented a struct, with methods, able to manage 24-bit unsigned integers. They are slower than an uint, so they may be useful only in quite uncommon situations when you must save RAM.
In the attach you can find a stripped down version where I have removed unittests, speed tests, most Ddoc comments, etc. Now I know some D, but surely there are *lot* of things I know little about still (about memory management, operator overloading, casting, the best way to use the CPU, etc). If you have a bit of free time can you please take a look at that code in attach and tell me if you like it, if you can see some things that can be done in a better way in D, in a faster way, more D-onic, if you can solve some of the little problems you can find in the comments, etc.

Bye and thank you,
bearophile