CDECL Utility

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 16:35:18 PST 2007

""Jérôme M. Berger"" <jeberger at free.fr> wrote in message
news:fl98b7$pl1$1 at digitalmars.com...

> void function (int) signal (int, void (function (int));

This is a function prototype, not a type decl :)  The linker would then
expect to find this function somewhere else.

> The "alias" version would actually be equivalent to:
>
> typedef void (*signal(int, void (*)(int)))(int);

:|  I'm not entirely sure what that means.

But the alias makes signal a function type:

alias void function(int) signal(int, void function(int));
//signal s; // error, cannot declare s as function type
signal* s; // OK, s is a function pointer