client/server framework

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Fri Feb 2 17:48:36 PST 2007

Alberto wrote:

> There is a client/server framework for D? maybe something like
> quickserver for java.
> I need also a framework for making RPC calls between client and server
> (something like dualrpc in java).
> For rpc I know mango.xml.rpc, that isn't exactly what I need, but..
> mango.xml.rpc is "under construction", someone have tested it? I need it
> for a complex application, it must be stable.
> ps: I could use mango.http.client and mango.http.server, but essentially
> I don't want/need http..
> pps: I can code a VERY simple (I'm not a good programmer) framework  by
> myself, but it will take a lot of time, possibly I prefer code my
> application :P

Hi!  I wrote the mango xml-rpc stuff awhile back.  It's a bit slow, but I
don't know of any bugs in it.  (But I haven't used it in awhile, so I don't
even know if it works in DMD1.0.)  I'm currently working on porting
mango.xml.sax to tango and will then be porting xml-rpc over to the
Tango-compatible SAX.  It should be much, much faster.  I'm not making any
guarantees as to API compatibility, though.  In fact, I'm considering
re-writing the Xml-Rpc API since I haven't been particularly satisfied with
the interface code I've been writing with it.

Expect beta versions of this stuff pretty soon- I've got a big project
waiting on it ;)... If you've got any ideas or comments on the new efforts,
please let me know- put up a post on dsource's mango forum and we'll
discuss it.  I'm pretty open to suggestions on the xml-rpc API right now.

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com
http://www.teqdruid.com/