phobos / tango / ares

torhu fake at address.dude
Wed Feb 7 11:54:13 PST 2007

Henning Hasemann wrote:
> I'm having little difficulties understanding the relationship of those 3.
> Are they all alternatives to each other?
>
> What I know is that phobos is the standard library that provides writeln etc,
> also tango seems to have IO capabilities so could one compile D programs
> with tango instead of phobos?
> When to use which of these?

Tango is a replacement standard library, which you would use instead of
Phobos.  It's a combination of ares and mango, plus some new stuff.

Mango can be used together with phobos, to achieve some of the Tango
functionality.

If you want to be compatible with both Tango and phobos, you can use
version (Tango) in your app to detect which one you're compiling with.

http://dsource.org/projects/tango
http://dsource.org/projects/mango
http://dsource.org/projects/ares