phobos / tango / ares

Wed Feb 7 14:23:55 PST 2007

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>
>> Which one to use is hard to say at this point. I've been trying out
>> Tango since its release and I like it but I sometimes miss some parts of
>> Phobos. Whether this is because Phobos is just more familiar to me or
>> actually better is hard to say...
>
> Note that what you miss that you feel you have in Phobos, is very much part
> of the feedback we would like.

Well, for one thing: the text formatting routines don't seem to support
binary output. At least not with "{0:b}", which seemed to me to be the
most logical format string for it, since "{0:x}" formats to hexadecimal.
Phobos' writefln() does, and the first program I tried to port happened
to use it...

By the way, is there some documentation for what's allowed in format
strings that I missed? If so, it IMHO needs to be linked more thoroughly
from the documentation for things that accept them...