Need help with communication between multiple threads

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 18:59:59 PST 2007

kris wrote:
> Chad J wrote:
>
>> When I was porting Phobos to work on ARM-WinCE, it was very helpful to
>> be able to discard a module without breaking other parts of the lib,
>> namely in the case of that module requiring a broken language feature
>> or inline assembly
>

> if the underlying OS api's are present, then the upcoming tango.locks
> ought to work on WinCE. I'd imagine this to be your best bet, or to go
> with synchronized instead :)
>
> Which approach you choose is ultimately down to the manner in which you
> need to share the entity.

Alright.

I'm starting to think it would be handy if modules that only work on
some platforms (like Atomic and possibly Locks) would expose a const
bool variable that is set to true if the module is supported on the
hardware, and false if it isn't.  That way I could version different
blocks of code by that, rather than trying to guess what will compile on
the different platforms.