Good GUI for newbie

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Feb 26 15:30:34 PST 2007

Chris Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:15:21 -0500, Bill Baxter
> <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:
>
>> Bill Baxter wrote:

>>>  I downloaded the snapshot but I get this with Helloworld:
>>>  F:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\packages\dfl\examples>dfl -gui -release helloworld
>>> f:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\bin\dmd.exe -release helloworld -version=DFL_EXE
>>> -If:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\import -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0
>>> f:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\lib\dfl.lib
>>> f:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
>>> helloworld,,,f:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\lib\dfl.lib+user32+kernel32/noi/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0;
>>>  OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
>>> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved
>>> f:\usr\pkg\Dlang\dmd\lib\dfl.lib(application)
>>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
>>> _D3dfl8internal4dlib15getObjectStringFC6ObjectZAa
>>> --- errorlevel 1
>>>   Is that the DMD bug that's mentioned on the DFL pages?
>>>  --bb
>>
>> To answer my own question -- turns out that the issue is that
>> makelib.bat is missing internal/dlib.d in the list of d files, and
>> dlib.obj in the list of d objects.
>>
>> --bb
>
> Did you end up getting it working? I think there has been another
> snapshot release since this message.

Yeh, it links fine when dlib is added to the list of files to compile &
link.
Thanks.

I still think it would be nice if the standard dialogs could be used
separately from the rest of MinWin.  But I can apply my 5 line q&d patch
to make it work for now.

--bb