Modules/Libraries

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 23:05:27 PST 2007

Joseph Colton wrote:
> I would like to create a module for creating ODF documents using D.  I have
> done this before in Perl and Python, but I was able to easily figure out how
> to create modules there.
>
> I currently have two files that I am trying to get to interface correctly.
> Here is the first file called ooolib.d:
>
> module ooolib;
> class Calc
> {
> public:
>         this()
>         {
>         }
>
>         char[] echo(char[] name)
>         {
>                 return name;
>         }
> }
>
> The second file is called test.d:
>
> import std.stdio;
> import ooolib;
> void main(char[][] args)
> {
>     Calc doc = new Calc();
>     writefln(doc.echo("Hello World"));
> }
>
> For some reason I cannot seem to get them to work together.  I get a lot
> errors that claim there are undefined references.  I am obviously missing
> something, does anyone know what I am missing?

The code itself looks fine.  What's your compile command line?  Are you including both
modules in arguments to the compiler?  Something like:
dmd test.d ooolib.d

(Not attacking your intelligence.  Its just a common first mistake.)
There's also the Build utility if you worry about command lines getting long.
http://dsource.org/projects/build

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls