"module is in multiple packages" error

Jona Joachim jaj13 at web.de
Wed Jan 3 14:59:14 PST 2007

Hi!
I have to bother you with a beginner problem...
I want to develop a spring model engine where you have pointmasses
attached to spring which oscillate and stuff.
I created a module called "connectors" which contains all sorts of
connectors like springs, dampers, ... and a module called "point" which
contains pointmasses and hooks.
Now a connector should know what pointmasses are attached to it and a
pointmass should know to which connectors it is attached...
That's why point.d does a "private import connector" and connector.d does
a "private import point". This works very well in C with header files and
#ifdefs. However gdc throws following error:

gdc -I/home/jona/prog/d/derelict -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -c point.d
connector.d:5: module constructor.point is in multiple packages constructor.point
gmake: *** [point.o] Error 1

Could anybody tell me how I should manage this kind of situation?

Thanks a lot,
Jona