Nonblocking IO for stdin

gareis dhasenan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:53:32 PST 2007

So I modified Phobos somewhat so I could make a socket to associate with
stdin and thereby see if there was any input ready. There were two
problems with this: first, there was a false positive upon starting the
program, so it hanged for input; second, it did not acknowledge any
further keyboard input.

The only solution I see currently is to use threads. That should be
relatively safe, given that the input thread should never need to
interact with the output thread. I hope.