thread and gc.fullCollect

Ant duitoolkit at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 11 17:40:33 PST 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> I don't get this.
>>
>> If I run this program count is printed about 50 times
>> and takes 5 seconds to complete as expected.
>>
>> but if uncomment line 19 count is printed only twice and the program
>> exist almost immediately...
>>
>> Why is that?
>
> I'd guess that a segfault is occurring.  This doesn't seem like intended
> behavior.
>

> Sean

here is gdb catching a SIGUSR1. does t make sense?

Ant

$ gdb ./tt
GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) r
Starting program: /tt
[New Thread -1210354000 (LWP 10783)]
[New Thread -1211405408 (LWP 10786)]

Program received signal SIGUSR1, User defined signal 1.
[Switching to Thread -1211405408 (LWP 10786)]
0xb7e85508 in clone () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
(gdb)