How to create a function declaration?

Fri Jan 12 13:55:23 PST 2007

Marcio Faustino wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies, I think I understand it now.
>
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> If one is writing a kernel, one probably modifies object.d ;).
>> At least, that's what I did...
>> (Actually, printf was the first thing to get removed :P)
>
> The downside of modifying "object.d" is that you'll end up having a mini-phobos
> library with only the stuff you need, right?

That's what happens with any kernel project in any language higher than
C (i.e. any language that needs some form of runtime). Though some C
compilers may generate implicit memcpy() calls etc., so I guess that
counts...

> As for your kernel, can I see the source code? :-)

It doesn't do much of any use currently. It just boots and shows some
status messages while initializing the system.
Then it just sits there, echoing keyboard input.
It doesn't even clean up after itself (no way of freeing allocated
memory). I plan on implementing or porting a GC some day, but at the
moment it doesn't use enough memory to make it worth freeing.

I just think it should be at least marginally functional before I go
spreading the source around :).