Linking to MSVCRT

Robin Allen r.a3 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 24 07:19:46 PST 2007

The Windows C runtime (MSVCRT.DLL) defines some functions, namely _open_osfhandle and _fdopen, that I need to use in my D program.

However, D doesn't seem to link to the necessary libs by default; the linker says:

Symbol Undefined __open_osfhandle at 8
Symbol Undefined __fdopen at 8

I've tried manually linking to snn.lib, which my text editor tells me *does* include both these symbols, but to no avail. I've also tried generating my own import library for MSVCRT using implib.exe, but this just results in the additional error:

Previous Definition Different: _errno

Is there any way I can use these functions from D?