best replacement for - cout << "hello D" << endl; ?

Manfred Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:24:37 PDT 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote

> As has been posted on these newsgroups before (including, IIRC, by
> Walter) order of evaluation when using chaining is not a problem

Confirmed---but it is still not mentioned in the specs, on which I
rely---and there might be a reason other than Walters overload with
work.

> In other words: it's *not* an error to depend on order of
> evaluation when it *is* specified. :)

:) according to the known boolean rules, it might turn out, that all
:) one can deduce from the cited sentence of the specs is:
:)   If there is no error then the order is specified
:) which is quite less than you seem to see

-manfred